I sensed I might not be an exciting person when I took a vacation day this week and celebrated by walking with friends at 6 a.m. in 24 degree weather and buying three bottles of exotic water at the grocery!
It was a great day.
After the walk I felt alive and energetic, with no pesky aches, pains, or stiff areas.
I drink tap water most of the time because in my opinion most bottled water is “dressed up” tap water, and I don’t like putting more containers in our dumps. But I indulged in:
- Artesian water from Norway
- pH balanced water from a company in Kansas that puts art on the bottle. “We exist to advance and showcase the sources of creation and creativity.” Perhaps also to make money selling water?
- San Pellegrino, natural mineral water from Italy
Although I don’t always exercise as much as I like, and although like perhaps some of you I’ve gained a few pounds in unwanted places, in my core I enjoy a healthy lifestyle because it feels good. I truly don’t understand why everyone doesn’t exercise and eat fruits and vegetables.
Although I used to have a whole cookbook devoted to cheesecake, and I definitely still make pecan, pumpkin and cherry pies for holidays, I don’t eat many heavy desserts these days because I don’t feel good afterward.
Through circumstances, I had to simplify my lifestyle and with other pressures, I didn’t have much emotional strength so I eliminated other stressors because without so much drama in my life I am more calm and peaceful.
What if living a healthy lifestyle isn’t punishing, or miserable, or painful, but feels better? I’ll be writing more about that next year, and I need your help. If you subscribe to my blog, you received an email from me with a link to a short survey with two questions. Would you please help me by answering those question?
If you connect with me through Twitter and Facebook, you can also help. Please post your comments below:
- what’s your #1 challenge in managing stress and living a healthy lifestyle?
- what burning question do you have about managing stress and living a healthy lifestyle?
© 2018 Deborah Rankin